Thursday, February 18, 2010

Just a little bio

I'm Kris. I'm not really going to say my real last name, because its unsafe in today's society. I'm from Sarasota, Florida. I'm a 20 year old and a college student at Troy University. I'll be going into the Navy as soon as I graduate. I work at a grocery store, and I'm in a good relationship, at least I think its a good one.
I felt that I needed an outlet for some of my thoughts, otherwise I feel like I'm going to go completely insane. I know what the stereotype for college is - all the rich kids go to college and join fraternities and sororities. But that's not exactly true. The true college life is hard. I moved off campus, and I work almost full time. I was an honor student in high school. I graduated with honors, but now I'm struggling to maintain even a 2.7 GPA, which is what I need to get the Navy's money. Its entirely frustrating.
I work as a supervisor in the grocery store. But because I am so young and so close to the others' ages I tend to get disrespected. I've tried to be professional and not lose my cool, but I'm a former JROTC cadet. For lamest terms I was a bitch in high school. I had a reputation at the other schools' JROTC programs for not being the one to cross. Now I don't want to be the one that they hate, but I am tired of getting my butt chewed out for them not doing their jobs.
My room mates are also completely nerve racking. One doesn't really care what goes on, but the other wants a completely silent house and I'm sorry, but I can't do that. I need my music, and I don't even blare it like I like to. I keep it at a reasonable rate and she decided to all of a sudden be a complete bitch. She's also the reason my cats are no longer allowed out of my room, but I have to wait until May to get into a better situation. My best friend comes up to live with me. All I have to do is keep my cool until then.
I'm also tired of everyone treating me like I'm a child. I'm NOT a child, I'm an adult and I'm trying to do all the right things as an adult. Quit treating me as a child. I want the responsibility of an adult and its frustrating knowing that to the majority of people, if you look like a child then you must be a child. I may look like a 16 year old, but I'm almost 21. I don't care what you think I am, treat me like a damned adult. This paragraph is just my reaction to what I have to do this year with taxes. But I'm not going into it, except to say I support myself, my parents do not, I should NOT have to file as a dependent. That's all I'm going to say.
  • Of course this comes out at the same time as the Austin, Texas crash right?
  • No I'm not crazy enough to go completely nuts on someone. I'm sane. And that paragraph is all I'm going to say about this year's taxes.

I'm not trying to come across as a depressing person to be around, its just that today was a bad day, and I'll be fine later. Just trying to get through today.

I'll write more later, but I just wanted to give a small bit of background out.

No comments:

Post a Comment